Terms and Conditions
Homing Pin Ltd, Terms and Conditions, May 2013
- Overview and Definitions
- Warranty and Refunds
- Website use
- Retailers (optional)
- Governing Law
- Homing Pin Limited (HomingPIN) provides a lost property owner contact service that will assist with the identification of, and communication to the owner of, found property that display a HomingPIN tag, loop or sticker. This identification is performed through recognition of the unique HomingPIN code. The code is registered to the "owner" via email address or mobile phone number.
- HomingPIN unique codes are integrated into all 2,200 major airports via SITA's World Tracer system. HomingPIN also works anywhere outside airports through its simple reporting mechanism, found at http://www.homingpin.com/report
- Homing Pin Limited is a company registered in the UK, registration number 8096937, with its head office situated at 5 Essex House, 39-41 High Street, Dunmow, Essex, CM6 1AE.
2. OVERVIEW AND DEFINITIONS
- These Terms and Conditions ("Terms") apply to the provision of HomingPIN products and services by HomingPIN Limited (referred to as "HomingPIN", "we" or "us") to purchasers or users of any HomingPIN “Tags, Loops and Stickers” sold by or on behalf of HomingPIN.
- The term "you" refers to the end user of the Tags, Loops and Stickers who intends to use HomingPIN to contact the finder of your property appropriately tagged and or labelled.
- The HomingPIN lost property finder contact service and, where relevant and at additional cost, repatriation of lost property service (through a carrier partner) is referred to as the "Service". It is a condition of purchase and our provision of the Service that you accept these Terms.
- As stated above, our latest Terms are those provided on our website www.HomingPIN.com and are the entire statement of the contract between us, You agree that you have not entered into these Terms in reliance on any statement or representation made by or on behalf of us.
3. THE PRODUCT AND ACTIVATION
- Your HomingPIN Tag, label or sticker bears a unique code that can be used to identify your labelled property when the unique code is entered into the HomingPIN system or the SITA World Tracer baggage tracing and management system (used by airlines and airports worldwide) and is used to help you contact the finder. Accordingly:
- You accept that HomingPIN will only ‘work’ if property is found and the person finding the property provides their contact details at www.homingpin.com;
- You also accept that we will only be able to notify you if the finder provides accurate contact information at HomingPIN.com. HomingPIN will not work if your subscription has lapsed.
- In order to activate HomingPIN and use the Service, you must correctly provide us with the unique code appearing on the tag, loop or sticker appearing on your HomingPIN and you must accurately provide your mobile phone number and email address. If you enter the wrong HomingPIN code or incorrect mobile phone number or email address HomingPIN you may not receive alerts or other messages. It is also your responsibility to update your account information with any changes (in particular your email address and contact number)
4. THE SERVICE
- We do not warrant that the Service will be available at all times, as it may be down for maintenance or as a result of a fault. We will endeavor to fix faults as quickly as we can.
- Accordingly, we cannot accept liability for any loss or damage incurred by you or any third party using HomingPIN, from any information displayed as part of the Service or from any unavailability of any of them. Use of HomingPIN is not a substitute for proper care and supervision of the item to which the HomingPIN is attached. It is your responsibility to ensure you have any relevant insurance and to consider and decide whether HomingPIN is appropriate for your needs.
- HomingPIN does not locate lost property; once the lost property has been found by a third party, it can put you in contact with the Finder so that you can arrange to get your property returned.
- The use of the service provided through a carrier partner for the repatriation of items is subject to the carrier's Terms and Conditions.
- We do accept liability for death of or injury to any person caused by our negligence or arising under the UK Consumer Protection Act 1987. Apart from such liability, our total liability to you and any third party using the HomingPIN product and Service, arising out of or in connection with the HomingPIN or the Service, and whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, will be limited to the aggregate of the price paid for the HomingPIN (or pack it is purchased in) and the most recent charges paid for the Service (if any). We do not accept liability for any indirect or consequential losses, or for loss of profit, business or revenue, whether direct or indirect and we do not compensate for any property lost that bears HomingPIN.
- If at any time we believe that you have broken these Terms or the terms of any other agreement with us, or are using HomingPIN improperly or illegally, we may terminate or suspend the provision of the Service immediately. We will inform you by text or e-mail to the contact details you have given us if we have taken, or intend to take, such action.
4.7 Use of information
- We will collect personal information about you when you register with us, to enable us to set up an account with us and so that we can provide the Service to you. As part of the Service, we will send you SMS, e-mails and other messages and alerts in accordance with the way you have configured the Service to inform you of changes or problems. It is important therefore that you keep your contact details up to date.
- In order to provide the Service, we may store or process your data outside the EEA.
- The Service is provided to you by way of annual subscription. The first year’s subscription may be included within the purchase price of your HomingPIN. The subscription is renewed on the anniversary for the prevailing fee advertised on our website from time to time. This fee includes Vat at the UK standard rate. You will be invited to renew your subscription in advance of the renewal period. The annual subscription is charged per account, not per HomingPIN. There is a maximum limit to how many tags / loops / stickers you can have per account (please visit www.homingpin.com to see the latest membership allowances). Additional charges may apply for the use of the repatriation of lost property service. These charges must be paid at point of transaction. HomingPIN does not operate or offer any credit facilities to its members. All fees for membership and / or additional services are processed securely online. The activation of any stickers from a sticker sheet will count as if all the stickers on that sheet have been activated.
- You will receive the Service while the subscription is active. There will be a reactivation of the Service by payment of the annual subscription should you wish to start using HomingPIN again after subscription has lapsed. We will contact you before de-activating your membership using your e-mail address or mobile phone number supplied when ordering.
- If payment is not made on time, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate the Service. If you lose or forget your account access information, then we may not be able to recover any information relating to your account but we will use our reasonable endeavors to identify and retrieve such account details.
- Subscription charges will not be refundable if you stop using the Service part way through a year.
6. WARRANTY, DAMAGES & REFUNDS
- We warrant to you (provided that you are the original purchaser) that your stickers, loops and tags will be free from significant defects in material and workmanship and that our Service will be available for a period of one year from the date of original purchase, If not, we will provide a full refund of the price paid. Any returns should be sent to us at the address on our website, together with proof of purchase.
- If you purchase from us directly, i.e. from our website, and change your mind, you have 14 days to return the product in its original packaging to us. The product must not have been used or activated.
- If you have purchased your HomingPIN products from a third-party (retailer or otherwise) you should, in all instances, refer any refund enquiries to them directly. HomingPIN's returns policy applies only to tags, loops and stickers bought directly from "us".
- If you have purchased a HomingPIN product and it is faulty or incomplete on receipt, you should contact HomingPIN by email via firstname.lastname@example.org and a replacement will be issued.
- If you are a consumer, your statutory rights are unaffected.
7. WEBSITE USE
The term ‘HomingPIN’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 5 Essex House, 39-41 High Street, Dunmow, Essex, CM6 1AE. Our company registration number is 8096937 incorporated in UK. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
HomingPIN may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 24th May 2013.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the act) Homing Pin Limited is also the data controller. Our registered office address is 5 Essex House, 39-41 High Street, Dunmow, Essex, CM6 1AE
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address and mobile phone number
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.homingpin.com (our site) and our site’s associated landing pages. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or any promotions sponsored by any of our affiliates, and when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- We may need to share your contact details with lost luggage departments in airports, with airlines, with carrier partners and other relevant bodies, if appropriate, to ensure delivery of the service
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
We do not share any information about you with the individual finder. For HomingPINs to work we must share your data with various organisations e.g. airlines, airports and companies related to travel and it is a condition of purchase that you agree to that data share. We will only share the information that is needed for your property to be returned to you.
If you agreed when you signed up, from time to time carefully selected 3rd parties will email you offers that we think you may find interesting or useful. If you don't want to receive those any more there will be an option to opt out from all future marketing emails on the message. Additionally you can change your mind at any time about us sharing your information to marketing 3rd parties by logging on to your account and changing your profile.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data rotection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Homing Pin Ltd, 5 Essex House, 39-41 High Street, Dunmow, Essex, CM6 1AE.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
- HomingPIN products are available for bulk purchase to retailers. Please contact email@example.com for further information on pricing and options.
- Upon receipt of an approved purchase order HomingPIN will supply its product in display packaging in units of 10. An invoice will be issued along the payment terms that have been agreed with the retailer. Payment of this invoice must be made within the payment period to ensure continuation of account facilities.
- Goods sold by a third party retailer will be subject to all the above Terms and Conditions that are applicable to a direct sale from HomingPIN's website. with the exception of the following: -
- Consumer Returns. The returns policy is superseded by the retailer's own policies. Products bought from a retailer must be returned to that retailer. If the customer requires a refund, they should refer back to the retailer they purchased from and not direct to HomingPIN. It is imperative that any returns made are still in original packaging and the product MUST not have been activated.
- Faulty goods should be returned direct to HomingPIN for a replacement, as mentioned in section 6 above.
- Retailer Returns. If, upon receipt of your HomingPIN delivery, there is issue with quantity or quality, you should report the problem to HomingPIN within 7 days. After 7 days, it is assumed that the delivery of goods met the requirements of the purchase order.
10. GOVERNING LAW / JURISDICTION
- This Agreement will be governed by and construed in all respects in accordance with English law and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Where this contract has been translated into any other language than English, it is the English version that is legally binding. We cannot accept responsibility for any incorrect translation.