TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Homing Pin Ltd, Terms and Conditions, May 2013
Table of contents
- Overview and Definitions
- Warranty and Refunds
- Website use
- Retailers (optional)
- Governing Law
- Homing Pin Limited (HomingPIN) provides a lost property owner contact service that will assist with the identification of, and communication to the owner of, found property that display a HomingPIN tag, loop or sticker. This identification is performed through recognition of the unique HomingPIN code. The code is registered to the "owner" via email address or mobile phone number.
- HomingPIN unique codes are integrated into all 2,200 major airports via SITA's World Tracer system. HomingPIN also works anywhere outside airports through its simple reporting mechanism.
- Homing Pin Limited is a company registered in the UK, registration number 8096937, with its head office situated at 5 Essex House, 39-41 High Street, Dunmow, Essex, CM6 1AE.
Overview and Definitions
- These Terms and Conditions ("Terms") apply to the provision of HomingPIN products and services by HomingPIN Limited (referred to as "HomingPIN", "we" or "us") to purchasers or users of any HomingPIN “Tags, Loops and Stickers” sold by or on behalf of HomingPIN.
- The term "you" refers to the end user of the Tags, Loops and Stickers who intends to use HomingPIN to contact the finder of your property appropriately tagged and or labelled.
- The HomingPIN lost property finder contact service and, where relevant and at additional cost, repatriation of lost property service (through a carrier partner) is referred to as the "Service". It is a condition of purchase and our provision of the Service that you accept these Terms.
- As stated above, our latest Terms are those provided on our website www.HomingPIN.com and are the entire statement of the contract between us, You agree that you have not entered into these Terms in reliance on any statement or representation made by or on behalf of us.
- Your HomingPIN Tag, label or sticker bears a unique code that can be used to identify your labelled property when the unique code is entered into the HomingPIN system or the SITA World Tracer baggage tracing and management system (used by airlines and airports worldwide) and is used to help you contact the finder. Accordingly:
- You accept that HomingPIN will only ‘work’ if property is found and the person finding the property provides their contact details at www.homingpin.com;
- You also accept that we will only be able to notify you if the finder provides accurate contact information at HomingPIN.com. HomingPIN will not work if your subscription has lapsed.
- In order to activate HomingPIN and use the Service, you must correctly provide us with the unique code appearing on the tag, loop or sticker appearing on your HomingPIN and you must accurately provide your mobile phone number and email address. If you enter the wrong HomingPIN code or incorrect mobile phone number or email address HomingPIN you may not receive alerts or other messages. It is also your responsibility to update your account information with any changes (in particular your email address and contact number)
- We do not warrant that the Service will be available at all times, as it may be down for maintenance or as a result of a fault. We will endeavor to fix faults as quickly as we can.
- Accordingly, we cannot accept liability for any loss or damage incurred by you or any third party using HomingPIN, from any information displayed as part of the Service or from any unavailability of any of them. Use of HomingPIN is not a substitute for proper care and supervision of the item to which the HomingPIN is attached. It is your responsibility to ensure you have any relevant insurance and to consider and decide whether HomingPIN is appropriate for your needs.
- HomingPIN does not locate lost property; once the lost property has been found by a third party, it can put you in contact with the Finder so that you can arrange to get your property returned.
- The use of the service provided through a carrier partner for the repatriation of items is subject to the carrier's Terms and Conditions.
- We do accept liability for death of or injury to any person caused by our negligence or arising under the UK Consumer Protection Act 1987. Apart from such liability, our total liability to you and any third party using the HomingPIN product and Service, arising out of or in connection with the HomingPIN or the Service, and whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, will be limited to the aggregate of the price paid for the HomingPIN (or pack it is purchased in) and the most recent charges paid for the Service (if any). We do not accept liability for any indirect or consequential losses, or for loss of profit, business or revenue, whether direct or indirect and we do not compensate for any property lost that bears HomingPIN.
- If at any time we believe that you have broken these Terms or the terms of any other agreement with us, or are using HomingPIN improperly or illegally, we may terminate or suspend the provision of the Service immediately. We will inform you by text or e-mail to the contact details you have given us if we have taken, or intend to take, such action.
- The Service is provided to you by way of annual subscription. The first year’s subscription may be included within the purchase price of your HomingPIN. The subscription is renewed on the anniversary for the prevailing fee advertised on our website from time to time. This fee includes Vat at the UK standard rate. You will be invited to renew your subscription in advance of the renewal period. The annual subscription is charged per account, not per HomingPIN. There is a maximum limit to how many tags / loops / stickers you can have per account (please visit www.homingpin.com to see the latest membership allowances). Additional charges may apply for the use of the repatriation of lost property service. These charges must be paid at point of transaction. HomingPIN does not operate or offer any credit facilities to its members. All fees for membership and / or additional services are processed securely online. The activation of any stickers from a sticker sheet will count as if all the stickers on that sheet have been activated.
- You will receive the Service while the subscription is active. There will be a reactivation of the Service by payment of the annual subscription should you wish to start using HomingPIN again after subscription has lapsed. We will contact you before de-activating your membership using your e-mail address or mobile phone number supplied when ordering.
- If payment is not made on time, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate the Service. If you lose or forget your account access information, then we may not be able to recover any information relating to your account but we will use our reasonable endeavors to identify and retrieve such account details.
- Subscription charges will not be refundable if you stop using the Service part way through a year.
Warranty and Refunds
- We warrant to you (provided that you are the original purchaser) that your stickers, loops and tags will be free from significant defects in material and workmanship and that our Service will be available for a period of one year from the date of original purchase, If not, we will provide a full refund of the price paid. Any returns should be sent to us at the address on our website, together with proof of purchase.
- If you purchase from us directly, i.e. from our website, and change your mind, you have 14 days to return the product in its original packaging to us. The product must not have been used or activated.
- If you have purchased your HomingPIN products from a third-party (retailer or otherwise) you should, in all instances, refer any refund enquiries to them directly. HomingPIN's returns policy applies only to tags, loops and stickers bought directly from "us".
- If you have purchased a HomingPIN product and it is faulty or incomplete on receipt, you should contact HomingPIN by email via email@example.com and a replacement will be issued.
- If you are a consumer, your statutory rights are unaffected.
The term ‘HomingPIN’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 5 Essex House, 39-41 High Street, Dunmow, Essex, CM6 1AE. Our company registration number is 8096937 incorporated in UK. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
- HomingPIN products are available for bulk purchase to retailers. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information on pricing and options.
- Upon receipt of an approved purchase order HomingPIN will supply its product in display packaging in units of 10. An invoice will be issued along the payment terms that have been agreed with the retailer. Payment of this invoice must be made within the payment period to ensure continuation of account facilities.
- Goods sold by a third party retailer will be subject to all the above Terms and Conditions that are applicable to a direct sale from HomingPIN's website. with the exception of the following: -
- Consumer Returns. The returns policy is superseded by the retailer's own policies. Products bought from a retailer must be returned to that retailer. If the customer requires a refund, they should refer back to the retailer they purchased from and not direct to HomingPIN. It is imperative that any returns made are still in original packaging and the product MUST not have been activated.
- Faulty goods should be returned direct to HomingPIN for a replacement, as mentioned in section 6 above.
- Retailer Returns. If, upon receipt of your HomingPIN delivery, there is issue with quantity or quality, you should report the problem to HomingPIN within 7 days. After 7 days, it is assumed that the delivery of goods met the requirements of the purchase order.
- This Agreement will be governed by and construed in all respects in accordance with English law and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Where this contract has been translated into any other language than English, it is the English version that is legally binding. We cannot accept responsibility for any incorrect translation.